Roberts Forum
irst high speed rail

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Roberts Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 12-11-2018 09:34:16    Onderwerp: irst high speed rail Reageren met citaat
Novak Djokovic returns to Andy Murray at the Miami Open final on Sunday. Photo: CFP
World No.1 Novak Djokovic continued his impressive run of form Raekwon McMillan Jersey , winning the Miami Open over Andy Murray 7-6 (73), 4-6, 6-0 at Key Biscayne in Florida on Sunday.

The victory followed Djokovic's triumphs at the Australian Open and -Indian Wells and was the Serb's fifth title at Miami.

He has now beaten -Murray in 10 straight matches on hard courts and has an 18-8 overall record against the Scot.

The contest, played in the early afternoon heat and bright sunshine, was captivating for two sets but after Djokovic broke in the first game of the final set, he never looked back.

"It was brutal. Very warm. I was prepared for a physical battle but it's one thing to prepare and -another thing to -experience it on court," said Djokovic.

"It is not the first time I have had this kind of battle with Andy. As I was expecting, there were very long rallies and I just managed to play the third set as I was supposed to. I am thrilled with this win."

Murray started aggressively and broke Djokovic in the third game, but the Serb broke back straight away and then dominated the tiebreaker.

The second set produced some wonderful -tennis from both players but turned in Murray's favor when, at 5-4 up, he broke Djokovic to love.

Following up on a brilliant return of an overhead shot from Djokovic that took him to break point, Murray sealed the set with a superb cross-court backhand winner.

Djokovic lost his cool, picking up a code violation for his yelling at the end of the set that left a nearby ball boy looking shaken.

But the Serb -quickly turned his anger to his -advantage. He broke Murray in the first game of the third set, the Scot twice dragging the ball into the net on the final two points to hand Djokovic an edge he was in no mood to let slip away.

The third game of the set was a grueling contest with Djokovic eventually triumphing when he converted his sixth break point and a drained Murray faded badly.

After losing to -Djokovic in the final in Australia and the semifinal at Indian Wells he was left to contemplate another disappointment.

"It is big progress from where I was last year," said Murray.

"I am not quite there with Novak yet, but I feel like I am getting a little -closer."

WASHINGTON, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- An international group of 11 organizations with genetics expertise on Thursday issued a joint policy statement, urging a "cautious but proactive approach" to germline gene editing, an emerging field with enormous potential to treat inherited diseases and even cancer.

The policy statement, published in the American Journal of Human Genetics, came a day after researchers from the United States, South Korea and China reported safely repairing a disease-causing gene in human embryos by using a gene-editing tool called CRISPR-Cas9.

"At this time, it is inappropriate to perform germline gene editing that culminates in human pregnancy," said the policy statement.

However, "there is currently no reason to prohibit in vitro (outside of a living organism) germline genome editing research, with appropriate oversight and consent, or to prohibit public funding for such research," it wrote.

Further, the group agreed that before any future clinical application of germline gene editing takes place, there should be preconditions such as a compelling medical rationale to use this approach.

CRISPR-Cas9, first introduced in 2013, has quickly become widely used in genetics research due to the ease with which it can be customized and its effectiveness across cell types and species.

There is considerable interest in using this tool in somatic cells -- to develop cell-based therapeutics, for example -- as well as in germline cells, the focus of this statement and an ethically more complex issue because of potential effects on not just the treated individual but also future generations.

"While germline genome editing could theoretically be used to prevent a child being born with a genetic disease, its potential use also raises a multitude of scientific, ethical, and policy questions," Derek Scholes, director of science policy for the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG), said in a press release.

"These questions cannot all be answered by scientists alone, but also need to be debated by society," Scholes said.

Professor Frances Flinter, consultant in clinical genetics of Guy's and St Thomass NHS Foundation Trust in Britain, said the policy statement is "timely and well balanced."

"There are so many uncertainties and potentially serious risks that it would be extremely irresponsible to embark on any form of germline genome editing that results in a human pregnancy at present," Flinter said.

"Further research, however, performed in a strictly regulated environment, as in the UK, may yield useful information about potential clinical applications."

The policy statement was jointly authored by the ASHG, the Association of Genetic Nurses and Counsellors, the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors, the International Genetic Epidemiology Society, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors.

It was also endorsed by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the Asia Pacific Society of Human Genetics, the British Society for Genetic Medicine, the Human Genetics Society of Australasia, the Professional Society of Genetic Counselors in Asia, and the Southern African Society for Human Genetics.

First high speed railway in Inner Mongolia starts operation

China to host 9th BRICS Summit in September in Xiamen

New look of quake-hit county in China's Yunnan

Amazing canyon scenery in NW China's Gansu

Military parade held to mark PLA 90th birthday (Part I)

SWAT team members take part in drill

Acrobatic show staged in Chin. Josh Allen Jersey J.J. Watt Jersey James Conner Jersey Derek Carr Womens Jersey Dak Prescott Womens Jersey Christian McCaffrey Womens Jersey Carson Wentz Womens Jersey Calvin Ridley Youth Jersey Baker Mayfield Youth Jersey Antonio Brown Youth Jersey
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Roberts Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: